- 1 1/2 pounds Fontina Val d’Aosta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 or 2 baguettes
Preheat your oven broiler place rack 5 inches from top.
Remove rind of cheese, and dice into 1inch pieces. Distribute the cubes of Fontina cheese evenly in a cast iron frying pan. Drizzle the olive oil over the top.
Mix garlic, thyme and rosemary and add to top of cheese. Finish with salt and pepper.
Broil for 6 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling, and just starts to brown.
Eat and enjoy!